Sport is a very important and integral part of the life of the school. This is illustrated by the scope and range of the school’s sporting related activities - and some of our recent sporting successes:
· In school we encourage the children to be as active as possible and try a variety of different sporting activities.
Our hope is that every child will find a sport that they enjoy and wish to continue once they leave Crich Carr.
· Sporting activities in school include;
- Weekly sessions of PE and swimming at Alfreton leisure centre with additional provision and sessions in school.
- Morning wake up sessions at least once a week for all children.
- After school sports clubs funded by Sports Premium.
· We are affiliated with the Anthony Gell Sports Partnership and the Rural Derbyshire Sports Partnership.
As part of the Partnerships, we participate and compete in many different sporting activities every year including dance, football, tag rugby, hockey, basketball, table tennis, cricket, cross country, cyclo-cross, tri-golf and athletics.
We also have a link with Derby County Football Club to compete at football. The Derby County Link means that we have registered the school’s interest with the Derby County Community Trust and they, in turn, inform us of/invite us to any appropriate events or competitions.
· We participate in many inter-school sporting competitions as part of the partnerships. A particular benefit of these activities is that they very much help with the transition to secondary school.
· We enjoy playing water polo and take part in a mini tournament that we help to organise each year.
· South Peak Sports is an annual event run in the summer term at Darley Dale School where our KS2 children compete against other small schools in a variety of running events. We have won this event 3 out of the 4 previous years that it has been held!
· Other recent sporting achievements has included being winners of the upper KS2 Tri-golf tournament, winners of the AGS netball tournament and runner up in the Sportshall athletics competition.